HotShot™ Trackside Speedometers
Does your way freight engineer blow down the main line like a hot shot intermodal? Will that pokey Limited engineer be late again? Give your train crews the "guidance" they need to run at prototypical speeds, or see who can set a new record for that crack passenger train!
The HotShot™ Trackside Speedometer displays the scale speed of each passing train — and just like a highway speed trap, it sets off an alarm to catch another speed demon in the act.
And with a touch of a button, see how fast that last train was going, the high speed record for this session and over the lifetime of your railroad, and much more.
Speed Trap for model railroad engineers
- Displays a passing train's scale speed (3 MPH - 400 MPH) for all scales
- Perfect for speed matching locomotives
- Realistic display action mimics a highway speed trap as trains pass
- Flashes the Display and triggers Alarm when train is over Speed Limit
- Push button reports last train speed, train count for session, high and average speed for session, and all time high speed record
- Includes Photo Sensors to detect trains in typical room lighting
- Requires 2 NightScope™ Infrared Detectors (sold below) for dim light
- 200 mA output drives LEDs, motors, relays when over the speed limit
- Faceplate/Circuit Assembly with a template for clean Fascia installation
- Screw terminals for all circuit board connections
- Adjustable Speed Limit and Photo Sensor separation
- Easy set up for metric distance and kilometers per hour (KPH)
- Auto-Adjustment ensures the best Photo Sensor performance
- Power Supply: DC (9-12 V) or AC (7-9 V), 100 mA required
- HotShot™ Trackside Speedometer Faceplate/Circuit Assembly
- Photo Sensors (2)
- Fascia Template
- Product Manual
HotShot™ Speedometer Model No. HS-31
Out of stock.
Displaying scale speed for each passing train, the Trackside Speedometer will flash the speed and sound an alarm for trains over the Speed Limit (set by the user) — just like a highway speed trap! The Trackside Speedometer sports a bright red 7-segment LED readout with 0.55" high digits. A single button push displays speed records and other statistics.
Includes: HotShot™ Trackside Speedometer Faceplate/Circuit Assembly, 2 Photo Sensors, Fascia Template, Product Manual.
NightScope™ IR Detectors Model No. NS-2350
Out of stock.
Two NightScope™ Infrared Detectors must be used instead of the HotShot™ Photo Sensors for dim or no light conditions only. Typical room lighting conditions do not require Infrared Detectors.